MOROCCO LOGISTICS AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
ARE YOU ALREADY DREAMING OF OUR RETREAT IN THE COLORFUL CITY OF MARRAKECH? WE ARE, AND WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU THERE! BELOW ARE SOME LOGISTICS AND PACKING INFORMATION. WE HOPE IT ANSWERS ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND IF IT DOESN’T, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT AT ANY TIME. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU ALL ALONG THE WAY!
VISA AND PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS
You must have a valid passport with at least one blank page. Visas are not required for visits lasting less than 90 days.
Fly into Marrakesh Menara Airport (RAK) by the morning or afternoon of the start date for your retreat. Please make sure to send us your full travel itinerary. We are happy to help you set up transportation to and from the retreat center!
Before landing in Morocco, your flight attendant will give you two forms to be filled out – an immigration form and a customs form. Be sure to fill them out completely and sign them before landing. When you disembark your plane, follow the signs to immigration. Be prepared to show your passport and your immigration form. Your passport will be stamped and the clerk will give you permission to proceed to baggage claim. Once you have your baggage, proceed to customs and hand in your customs form to the official. There will be a form that you need to keep on you for your departure back to the US. Do not lose this form or you will have to pay for a new one when departing.
If you arrive days earlier or stay after the retreat, there are plenty of boutique hotels and AirBnBs to stay at in Morocco! We are always here to help guide you with options.
Jet Lag: It may take a day or two to adjust to the time change. Please take it easy if you feel tired or have a hard time adjusting. Also, since the flight will be long it is important to stay very hydrated and eat healthy (especially low sodium). Moving around and stretching during the flight is very beneficial as well!
IN CASE OF TROUBLE ON DAY OF TRAVEL
Should you have flight delays or other trouble on the day of travel, contact our retreat leader Kori Zornes, as soon as possible.
Contact Number - Kori Zornes (702) 321-6769
The credit card on file will be charged for the final retreat balance. All payment is non-refundable. If you have any questions email email@example.com.
PACKING YOUR BAGS
We highly suggest you pack light. You will not want to have to lug around a lot of excess luggage. Keep valuables to an absolute minimum. Revamp Retreats cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen items including important paperwork such as passports. Think less is more! Some more packing tips below:
Rolling clothes instead of normal folding works wonders in saving space. Carry your daypack with you on the first day as your carry on. Keep your valuables in your daypack- i.e.: passport, money, etc. We recommend you pack one set of clothes in it should your suitcase get lost - but lets hope that doesn't happen :).
• 5 yoga outfits for Hot/Warm outside yoga (we suggest nylon or quick dry)
• 1-2 pairs of light/casual pants
• 1 long sleeved shirt – for layering
• 1 sweater or warm pull over for the plane
• Light/thin Rain jacket
• Underwear and some good sports bras
• Comfortable hiking shoes and casual day shoes
• Flip flops or house shoes if you don’t like to walk around barefoot
• 1-2 pairs of PJs
• 1-2 bathing suits
• Day dresses/swim wraps- casual, comfortable clothes
• 1 day pack and money holder (a small backpack you can carry with you)
• Power plug adapter, Morocco uses a standard 2 pin adapter (I also like these universal ones)
• Headphones, phone charger
• Toiletries (sunblock, toothpaste, toothbrush, tongue scraper, flossers, face wash, nail clippers, contact lens solution, feminine products, etc. Think travel size and if possible biodegradable please! The hotel will also have toiletries)
• Writing journal, a good book, and pens
• Eye mask, ear plugs
• Hat/baseball cap
• Re-useable Water bottle
• Any medications or supplements needed
• Hair ties, bandannas, or other things to keep your hair out of your face.
• Yoga mat is optional, definitely not necessary – the resort has all props!
Above all, keep it light. Make it part of your yoga practice and be a minimalist in your packing please!
Revamp Retreats does not cover theft, loss, or damage of the personal property and equipment of trip participants. We suggest you confirm with your insurance carrier that they would cover the costs if your items were stolen, lost, or damaged while on your trip. You can also purchase travel insurance at Insure My Trip
MONEY & TIPPING (GRATUITIES)
You will want to bring money for personal items, snacks, tipping and souvenirs. You may want to exchange USD to Rupiah ahead of time or at the airport. You can also pull money out of the ATM with a debit card.
Current exchange rate - 1 USD is about 9.43 Moroccan Dirham (the price can vary slightly day to day and depending on where you exchange your money- make sure to check the exchange rate and if they charge an exchange fee).
My trick for remembering currency is - 10 Dirham is essentially $1.
EXCURSIONS AND MASSAGES
There will be opportunities to partake in excursions and massages during your retreat.
LOCATION AND TIME ZONE IN MOROCCO
The time in Marrakech is 8 hours ahead of PST and 5 hours ahead of EST.
As it would be traveling to any foreign country, one must remember to be safe and respectful of others customs and situations. If this is your first experience traveling abroad, please be aware in public places, and keep a close watch on your belongings. You really won’t want to bring any unnecessary valuables. Leave at home all that isn’t essential.
Make sure you are up to date on routine vaccines. These vaccines may include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, tetanus diphtheria, hepatitis A, and Typhoid. Since we are not in a rural area, other vaccines are not required. Vaccines should be a personal decision or talk to your health care provider.
Bali also has hospitals with international standards.
You should not drink tap water in Morocco. Water will be available on property in each room and in the retreat center. Please feel free to bring your own water bottle to refill.
INTERNET / TELEPHONE SERVICE
Once we arrive at our retreat site, we encourage you to disconnect, although the retreat center has WIFI. Feel free to get any international plans if you would like to have calling/texting during your trip.
The average temperature in Morocco during this time is low to mid 70s F during the day and low 50s F at night.
We believe in eating delicious local and healthy meals on our retreats. Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of local food. If there are any dietary restrictions please let us know so we can inform the retreat center.
That should be enough information to get you prepped for this amazing adventure. If you have further questions please contact us. We look forward to seeing you in Morocco!
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST… HERE ARE SOME WAYS TO BE A CONSCIOUS TRAVELER:
- Go with the flow: When traveling abroad things might not always go your way. Flights may be delayed, luggage lost, languages misunderstood. It is all part of the adventure, try your best to be okay with whatever comes up and embrace it as part of the journey. Practice patience and find humor in unexpected situations.
- Respect the culture: Do some research to where you are going before you arrive. Respect the locals and their way of life (and ALSO respect the animals and wildlife). It is also great to learn a few words before arriving - please, thank you, hello. It will be greatly appreciated by the locals.
- Keep an open mind: There is so much to learn from others who live differently and do things differently than we do. Take the time to try new things and enjoy the local food and customs. Slow down, relax, and take it all in
- Have fun! This trip is for YOU…. to relax and unwind, to dive in deep, to get to know yourself better, and to connect with others. Notice what comes up for you during the retreat. It may feel emotional, exciting, difficult… whatever comes up, embrace it. The schedule will be full of activities but also know when you need to take time alone to reflect, read, nap, or just do nothing. We are here for you on this journey and our mission is to spark passion and inspiration for your path and life purpose. Let us know how we can support you.
We hope this fully prepares you for an exciting trip to come!
REVAMP RETREATS 702-321-6769 firstname.lastname@example.org